- Regularly check the tires: Ensure that the tires are properly inflated and not worn out. Use a tire pressure gauge to check the tire pressure and add air if necessary. If the tires are worn out or damaged, replace them with new ones.
- Regularly check the brakes: Test the brakes to make sure they are working properly. Adjust the brake pads if they are too loose or too tight. Replace the brake pads if they are worn out.
- Clean the scooter: Regularly clean the scooter with a damp cloth to remove any dirt or debris. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials that could damage the scooter.
- Check the battery: Check the battery regularly to ensure it is holding its charge and not showing any signs of damage or corrosion. When you receive a brand new electric scooter, do not use it before a full charge. Try to empty your battery above 50% before recharging.
- Store the scooter properly: When not in use, store the scooter in a dry and cool place. Avoid leaving the scooter in direct sunlight or under the rain, as this could damage it.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions: Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions for maintenance and care of the scooter. If you have any questions or concerns, contact the manufacturer, your retailer or a qualified repair technician for assistance.
By following these simple maintenance steps, you can keep your foldable electric scooter in good condition and prolong its lifespan.